Friday, October 12, 2012

Playing Kissyface

I love so many of the phases children go through.  I love when newborns grasp tightly to a finger just out of reflex.  I love when babies first learn a word and they just babble it over and over.  I love the shocked look when a toddler first accomplishes a new feat.  I could go on and on listing off the amazing phases children go through but I have to just pause on the phase that Willkins is currently in.  Perhaps it is because it is his current phase but, at least for right now, this is my FAVORITE phase!

He's in the kissy phase!  He kisses me whenever he walks past me.  He wrestles Boogie to the floor, grabs his head and just kisses and kisses him all over his head.  He runs up to the cats, wraps his arms around them and kisses them. He grabs each little stuffed animal, hugs it and kisses it before moving on to the next.  Sometimes he just crawls up in my lap and begins kissing me.  He'll kiss my knees, my shoulders, my cheeks and just anywhere that he can. 

I love having him express his affection so freely.  It is so sweet and amazing.  I know that he won't be in this lovely phase for as long as I would love him to be.  That would be impossible!  But at least I can enjoy it for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment