Wednesday, October 17, 2012

On the hunt

Anyone that knows me well at all can tell you that I am a list girl.  I make to do lists for everything!  Of course, that means that I have a list (or three) of things to get done before this baby comes.  Most things on my to do lists I can assign a time frame.  You know how it goes- install baby gate: 30 minutes, reorganize pantry: 2 hrs, Clean out freezer: 1 hr, Choose going home outfit: Oh my goodness, who knows!

Yep, choosing an outfit for my newest baby to go home in has been quite a challenge.  I am willing to reuse most anything from one baby to the next but the going home outfit is the exception.  I feel like each baby deserves to face the big, bad world for the first time in something chosen just for them!  It has always been a big deal to me, ever since I didn't get to choose my daughter's going home outfit.  Her birth was early and far from home and so I didn't have anything with me.  Luckily, my Aunt Connie had made the hellish drive down just to be there for us and she went shopping for me.  I have always been grateful for that, but it just solidified in my mind the importance of planning for as many contingencies as possible.

We didn't have any problems finding something for Boogie.  We were broke and really would only get to look at all the cute baby clothes.  When we ran across something that was so cute that we were willing to forgo a meal for, it came home with us as his going home outfit.  It's a cuddly yellow and white almost corduroy feeling material with 2 embroidered ducks on it. I must say I still think it is utterly adorable.

We had more difficulty with Will.  Really that makes sense since we were out to find something that would challenge Boogie's outfit for ultimate cuteness.  Eventually we found the cutest little bunny outfit of pale blue for our little Easter time baby.  It is so soft and snugly.  Again, I still LOVE it! 

I should have realized that this time around would be even more difficult.  Now everything I look at is competing with two other outfits!  And, of course, it needs to be completely different from the other outfits!  So for months now we have been looking all over the place for something amazing.  We checked Carter's, Osh Kosh, Children's Place, Janie and Jack, Crazy 8's, etc.  We checked each store numerous times constantly waiting for the stock to change.  No luck.

Just when I thought that I would have to settle something amazing happened... we found something cute.  It's cotton so it's not as fancy as the other outfits have been but what it lacks in fancy it makes up for in sweet.  It is white with blue and gray, with elephants on it to represent the little chunker on the way.  And it says, "Mommy loves me" which is so very true.  It's simple but, with everything else we've had thrown at us lately, simple seems perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment